Da li voliš da pomažeš drugima u nevolji? Želiš da pružiš podršku ljudima koji beže od rata i nasilja, a koji su se na svom putu našli u Srbiji? Želiš da slobodno vreme koje imaš provedeš radeći nešto korisno i za sebe i za druge?

Centar za zaštitu i pomoć tražiocima azila (APC/CZA) poziva sve koji žele pruže direktnu podršku tražiocima azila i migrantima, doprinesu stvaranju tolerantnog i otvorenog društva i suzbijanju predrasuda i ksenofobije da se priključe mreži APC/CZA volontera.

Volonter može biti svako ko je punoletan, ima vremena i želje da pomogne ljudima u nevolji i nema predrasuda prema ljudima drugih nacija, vera ili rasa.

Ukoliko imaš želju da pomogneš i vremena da se aktivno uključiš u redovne aktivnosti Centra za zaštitu i pomoć tražiocima azila (APC/CZA) kontaktiraj nas za više informacija.



The violent conflict resulted in the death of an illegal immigrant

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 12:05

We talked with some Pakistanis during regular visits to the illegal settlement of Jungle, on Monday, 30 April. We heard a sound like an argument about 19:45, which coming from areas where mostly live Afghans (about 300 m away from the places where lived Pakistanis). We haven't paid special attention to the argument because we heard it several times in the past. After a few minutes the sound was hushed, and all seemed to be fine as usual. It was several minutes more and a guy who went to check what was going on was back and told us that Pakistanis and Afghans had fought (perhaps 20-odd people, and we realized that Pakistanis attacked the Afghans).

The guy didn't know the reasons why they fought, but he said to us and the others that we should go, because police may come. Other people have listen to him and left the illegal settlement. We made a small circle around the Jungle to see what will happen, but we could not find anyone. There was no police, no people. We stumbled on a Somali boy who was afraid and alone, so we waited with him, for someone who he knows show up. When the boy went whit a friend, we went home. It must have been about 22 hours. We received a phone call around 2.30 am, from some migrants who said to us that had injured people in the fight. They were asking for the phone number of ambulance and police. We gave them the numbers and told them not to wait ambulance, and to go to the hospital with a taxi if the situation is urgent. A moment later the same people again called and asked if we could get a taxi to pick them up and went with them to the hospital. In few minutes we went to an abandoned house in which they were. Two boys showed us one person who was lying on the floor full of blood in front of the building. We checked the pulse but we couldn't find it. The man was still warm, so we thought that he might be still alive. Then they showed us the room where was the second person who was lying on the ground. He was also bleeding, but still conscious. We asked other people if there was somebody else who might be injured or wounded. They said that there should not be more than two or three persons, but they didn't know where they could be found. We told them that we couldn't transport injured people by taxi, but we could call an ambulance. We took a blanket and cover the person who was lying outside and called an ambulance, and explained the situation. They told us that someone has already called but they were not sure where to come. So, we described an ambulance the exact place. The ambulance and police came about two minutes later. Together with them came a migrant. He was the brother of the wounded man and the one who called the police even before us, as we realized later. He said to us that they had just arrived from Macedonia that night, then they had gone to sleep, and then 100 Afghan (which seems to much, because there weren't a total of 100 people in the Jungle) came with knives and sticks cricket in the house, asking who was Afghan, and then they attacked Pakistanis. A person who was bleeding was transported to the hospital (first in Subotica, and then to Sremska Kamenica), and the other person was already dead when the ambulance arrived.

You are here: